This fund acts as a participant in syndicate/angel funded deals at the Angel – Series A stage. In addition to funding, we provide access to a vast network of people and knowledge to help young technology companies succeed in all required areas. We are focused on entities with a head office inside the Greater Toronto Area so that we can work on a face to face basis with founders.
Focus on Digital Commerce
We invest in B2B companies that deliver solutions which create scalable and meaningful impact to the purchase, fulfilment and marketplace experience. We’re vertical agnostic – from Retail, to Insurance, to Payments – we believe in the digitally integrated future of commerce.
The ways our businesses improve commerce can be grouped into three categories:
- Technologies that improve the customer experience
- Technologies that increase efficiencies between a buyer and seller
- Technologies that enable product discovery
We are ``selling pickaxes to the miners in the e-commerce goldrush``
Venture Fund Partners
Alongside our investment team, meet our team of venture partners dedicating their time to supporting our venture portfolio. A team of all-stars each having excelled in their own domains, we bring a diverse skill set to the table with expertise in finance, growth, legal, product, and sales.
Hartley Lefton, Legal Counsel
Current Partner of Dentons, 13+ years as a transactional and regulatory Lawyer. Lexpert’s 2018 “Rising Star: Lawyers Under 40”, startup advisor
Derek Szeto, Venture Partner
Current Co-Founder of Butter (RBC Ventures) company, Founder of RedFlagDeals (2010 Exit), angel investor, startup advisor
We take the time to truly understand a business, often spending months with a founder before writing our first cheque. We follow a strict set of criteria to evaluate our opportunities:
• Culture of honesty and integrity.
• High growth potential internationally with a particular focus on the USA.
• Predictable and recurring SAAS “non-advertising” revenue.
• Dynamic, curious and intelligent team.
• Passionate, coachable and self-motivated entrepreneurs.
• Focused on building a viable long-term business and not only on the “next raise”.
• Support businesses enabling digital commerce with a focus on e-commerce, physical retail and B2B commerce
• We like B2B business models.
The fund is operated through AngelList Back Office, acting as our compliance and administration platform to ensure the fund meets industry and regulatory requirements to be deemed a venture capital fund.